Friday 15 November 2013

After my tutorial with Leila, she looked at the piece I had made for sculpture and suggested that I look at work by the American artist and sculptor; Joseph Cornell.

I found his work to be really interesting. The way he assembles his collages and the choice of his images infusing beautiful imagery with the mundane and creates a juxtaposition between them . A lot of Cornell's shadow boxes have a distressed and weather worn quality to it and this appeals to me as i have applied this type of technique to my sculpture work and to work in other projects as well.



  Andromeda: Grand Hôtel de l'Observatoire, 1954. Box construction, 18 5/16 × 12 15/16 × 3 7/8 inches (46.5 × 33 × 9.8 cm)


Untitled (The Hotel Eden) 
c. 1945 (140 Kb); Construction, 15 1/8 x 15 3/4 x 4 3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment