Monday 24 February 2014

The Man Who Came To Dinner (1942)

After discovering that the Smiths lyrics I were interested in were adapted from a scene in the 1942 film 'The Man Who Came For Dinner' I decided to find that scene and see if it gave the lyrics even more meaning.

After watched the scene I found the woman speaking spoke about visiting the world heritage site in Pompeii and seeing a preserved woman in which she recalls:

"All those people, all those lives, where are they now ? Here was a woman who once lived and loved, full of the same passions, fears, jealousies, hates. And what remains of it now ... I want to cry."

After watching the scene it has reaffirmed that the Smiths lyrics would be absolutely appropriate to accompany my work. 

Video link to the scene;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJcP6x3Ueo&sns=em


No comments:

Post a Comment