Monday 10 March 2014

What I want to portray to the viewers


   In my studio space I put up some of the work I've been doing and put the smiths lyrics above it.

I used letters/words from out of a newspaper in the 'ransom note' style I did this to make the words appear anonymous, just like the long forgotten people in the photographs. 

In my drawing crit, a few of the group interpreted my work in different ways.
Some found it "creepy" others found it "humorous" while a few found it poignant and understood what I was trying to get across.

I fear that death as I've touched upon earlier that it is wide open to different interpretations. My lecturerer, when asked for my turn to say things about my work stated that I put my reasons across very well. Perhaps I should focus more on how I want to get my work across. 

The group also saw the bibles I've been working on and suggested that I could develop more of the photos " within boxes etc" 


    To display the bibles I decided to use glass plates so they can hang like picture frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment