Friday 25 April 2014

Girl exposed



  After creating the distorted photographs it made me feel that the defaced ones were exposing the untouched ones of not just death, but what's underneath. 

This led me to create this piece. Surreal, a girl lifting up the top half of her face as if tipping a cap to reveal her skull. 

I did this for a few reasons.

One, to show the mortality of us all underneath - sort of the beauty is skin deep saying. 

Two, to show the juxtaposition between life and death in a light hearted way.. I've felt as if some of my work has been a bit dark and wanted to break away from that for a bit - yellow background. 

Three, often in society we see women as objects, project sexual desires onto them 
And I felt making the woman not wear a lot of clothing - revealing quite a bust aswell - whilst revealing her skull creates 
a feeling that un veiling flesh is nothing unveiling what is within us is more important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment