Friday 25 April 2014

you're really lovely, underneath it all


   After making and looking at the idea of revealing bones/ parts of people especially with 'girl exposed' I thought of Russian rolls, how the layers reveal another doll until the smallest one has been uncovered. 

Again, I wanted to be more light hearted and not make a dark macbre piece, 
What better than what is traditionally a children's toy? Also how I've spoken about mis conception and interpretations of death, a child's type thing seems quite apt as it strips it back to the basics. 

Revealing the person done to the skeleton and then the last doll being a doll, suggesting something after death whatever your belief. 

As I said about a traditional children's toy I wanted to simplify the depictions especially on the muscle layer doll and the skeleton, without being too graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment